A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Or play in GameJolt too.
Empower your typewritting fingers with this tower defense game.
Note: Spanish version in my blog.
"In a world dominated by tablets and smartphones, full of useless fingers that forgot what is typewritting by predictive text and instant message tools, here it comes Paper Defense!!"
Paper Defense is a tower defense game where your reading and typewritting skills make de difference. You will have to deflect the numerous hordes attacking who want to destroy your fortress, but they will be pissed off by the power of your Attaking Words.
In Paper Defense there will be game modes to learn typewritting (execises like type "asdf"...), story mode (where your words comes alive in the screen) and challenge mode (who will be the Keyboard King?). A World Hi-scores list will be shared.
The game final version would have several scenes (aliens attack, zombie apocalipsis,...), several languages dictionaries, power-ups, skills and experince system for the defender and a 2-player on-line mode (one create the enemies and the other defend the fortress).
The idea arrives when I saw my childrens watching youtube videos and browsing Internet using only two fingers to type the keyboard. I realice that their creativity went down with this behaviour, so I propose to make a videogame in family (they will make the graphics and stories) to know that their ideas can became a reality.
- You can tune velocidad (speed) , timeSpawn, caseSensitive and other things in the data/config.properties file. Some properties can be changed in pause menu ('Escape' key)
- You can change the dictionary to create the keywords of enemies. Only replace the content of data/diccionarios/Dictionary.txt or make a new one and set it in data/config.properties file. Original dictionary is the first paragraph of the most famous spanish book of all times: "Don Quixote of La Mancha"
- Type a key to add the char to attacking word
- Type 'Spacebar' to attack with current word
- In error case you have to wait the error cooldown
- You can use '/' for turn on/off the sound and '*' for camera motion or click in the icons
Sprites made by my childrens.
You can also contact me in: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/lanyustudios
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Arcade, Casual, DRM Free, Experimental, Fast-Paced, libGDX, Singleplayer, Tower Defense, typing|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||English, Spanish; Castilian, Spanish; Latin America|
|Links||Steam, Steam Greenlight, Blog, Support|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- New concept game releasedMay 13, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.